For some time now, Medius has noted that corporate acquisitions are in decline. And this month’s statistics bear that out – only one company acquisition was announced; that of Ocera Therapeutics by Mallincrodt. All the other five purchases in the top 20 were partial acquisitions, with buyers acquiring a division of a company or making a minority investment. Even the acquisition of the Stelic Institute by Mitsubishi Tanabe was preceded by Stelic splitting itself into two parts, with Mitsubishi Tanabe acquiring the gastro-intestinal assets alone.
|Deal Type||Headline ($m)|
|Licence to develop and commercialise||1,550|
Johnson & Johnson
|Licence to research, develop, and commercialise||1,452|
|Drug discovery collaboration||1,110|
Owens & Minor
|Acquisition of division||710|
|Click here to view the top 20 deals for November 2017|
The full report also contains:
- The harsh reality of liver disease
- The cost of not doing a deal
- Platform deals
- High scoring teams from big pharma
Want to read the complete report?
Interested in reading the past issues?
- Download the Deal Watch October 2017 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch September 2017 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch August 2017 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch July 2017 HERE