This month’s top deals are noticeably in the category of acquisitions rather than licensing deals. Additionally, we observe another factor: the emphasis on platform technology deals. Of the 16 deals announced by major pharmaceutical companies which are licences/strategic collaborations, 11 of them are with companies offering platform technology. The relentless search for novel molecules, and faster, better, cheaper methods of identifying and enhancing them, continues to reward the companies with innovative platform technology, the majority of whom have done multiple deals with companies to maximise the value of their assets.
|Deal Type||Headline ($m)|
|Click here to view the top 20 deals for May 2018|
The full report also contains:
- From rumour to reality
- News from Washington D.C.
- Platforms are the new black
- In-licensing deals by major pharmaceutical companies
- The power of weak signals
- De-risking: does everyone really win?
- Man vs bacteria: is this a war we really want to win?
Interested in reading the past issues?
- Download the Deal Watch April 2018 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch March 2018 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch February 2018 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch January 2018 HERE
- Download the 2017 Annual Review HERE
- Download the Deal Watch December 2017 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch November 2017 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch October 2017 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch September 2017 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch August 2017 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch July 2017 HERE