October 2017 has proved to be a very interesting month, with our Deal Watch top 20 table showing a significant absence of mergers and acquisitions and with far more licensing/co-development deals featuring. According to EvaluatePharma, only 31 M&A deals were announced in the period July – September, significantly below the quarterly average for the decade (56) and only fractionally above the 29 deals reported in Q2. Oncology remains the key theme this month, but broadening out to include approaches such as radiopharmaceuticals and vaccines.
|Deal Type||Headline ($m)|
Advanced Accelerator Applications
|Licence and collaboration||1,803|
|Co-development, licence research||1,465|
|Click here to view the top 20 deals for October|
The full report also contains:
- Pharma forays into radiopharma
- Infectious diseases are hot
- Regional deals - alive and thriving
- There’s safety in numbers
- Not a vintage year so far
Want to read the complete report?
Interested in reading the past issues?
- Download the Deal Watch September 2017 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch August 2017 HERE
- Download the Deal Watch July 2017 HERE